Flexing Machine Type FM
Web Flexing Machine Based on Spiral Bars
The flexing machine type FM is designed to flex jumbos of abrasive paper and cloth with width of 1650 mm. Also available for 2050 mm. FM is a machine for high performance and can flex any kind of material.
- Useful width: 1650 mm or 2050 mm
- Unwinding station for rolls up to 1,250 mm dia.
- Unwinding 50 x 50 mm square shaft
- Automatic alignment of the unwinding material (automatic tracking)
- Pneumatic unwinding brake, automatically controlled
- Variable speed drive up to 50 m/min
- Spiral bar flexing system, a set of 6 bars could be loaded and used simultaneously
- One motorized rubber covered shaft 320 mm dia. act as pull roll and counter shaft for flexing bars
- The loaded flexing bars are pushed against one rubber covered shaft via pneumatic cylinders, each set is manually adjustable
- Flexing bars are set in the following order: 1 bar – 2 bars together and synchronous – 2 bars together and synchronous – 1 bar
- Bars loaded on the “1 bar” site are free running, while the bars loaded on “2 bars” site can be running synchronously using dedicated gears
- The 4 sites with a total of 6 loadable bars could be used with: linear-plain, spiral and donut bars
- The rubber covered shaft is vertically sliding to permit and easy and quick flexing bars changing
- Two idle steel shaft are mounted on flexing station entrance and exit for web guiding
- At flexing station exit a motorized vertically displacing bar, working on material backing side, can perform a web 85° to 95° angle flexing. The bar is round shaped
- The rewinder is independently motorized able to manage 1,250 mm dia. jumbo
- Rewinding 50 x 50 mm square shaft
- The complete machine is electronically controlled to automatically manage torque control on each station. The installed software automatically calculates roll diameter on unwinder and rewinder. Feedback to the operator is given by display featuring also touch screen for parameters control.
- Two plain flexing bars, 25 mm dia., for regular 90° flexing
- One set composed of 4 spiral bars, 45° angle, each bar couple at opposite angle direction. Bars have 8 principles and are 30 mm dia. The bar principles could have different radius based on material type. Typical radius values are: 25 mm for paper backing and 6 mm for cloth
- One donut bar, for different applications as: being part of a complete donut bar set (stiff material flexing) or to complete a set as: 1 plain bar, 4 spiral bars, 1 donut bar (paper material flexing). Donut bars could have different configuration for: donut radius and donut pitch
- Variable speed up to 80 m/min
- Joining table on unwinder side. Permitting the operator to join the end of one jumbo to the next one on processing. This option avoid web feeding on each new processed jumbo roll
- Web backing humidifying system (passive system), placed between flexing and rewinding station. Composed of 2 sets of idle double rubber covered shafts. Each set is composed of two rubber covered shafts, the bottom one collecting water from a basin and working against material backing side, the top one working on material grit side acting as counter shaft. Water quantity is set through the displacement of the bottom shafts in respect to the top ones. The two shaft sets are in line and web goes through both. Adjut is performed through hand wheel with shaft distance indication.
- Web backing humidifying system (WEKO active system), placed between flexing and rewinding station. The system applies water or other liquid products, contactless, to the web backing.
- One additional flexing station, permitting double stage of flexing. A setup with two or more flexing stations in line give a higher number of flexing bar combinations. Certain materials need flexing effect given by both spiral and donut bars, which could be made in one step. The web tension between the flexing stations is managed by load cells, due to flex station electrical motor power the main machine electrical box size will increase.
- Spreading roll system, following rewindingjumbo diameter. Made to spread material before winding, helping wrinkle issue on processed web. The system can work with both grain-in / grain-out winding.
Size and Power (with Humidifying System, Joining Table and Perimetric Protections)
- Overall machine dimensions: 10.2 x 4.8 x 2.5 m
- Approx. weight: 8,500 kg
- Installed power: 34 kW
- Air consumption: 1,800 Nl/h